Wednesday, December 5, 2007

CSSE - A Global Organization

As I travel around the world, I get to represent the CSSE on the world stage and I often get into discussions that have the opportunity to benefit CSSE. As most of you know, I work for an International Safety Consulting Company and it can take me to interesting places. The last couple of weeks I have been in Dubai, UAE. I have had the honor to represent my consulting firm at the World Dubai projects EH&S awards and had the opportunity to introduce and discuss the CSSE and its initatives with some of the UAE leaders.

I also had the opportunity to meet with some of the CSSE's Middle East members and we discussed the possibility of forming a chapter in their region. Some of the CSSE members have no chapter to belong to for they are in the international membership category and some of the members I talked to have a home chapter in Canada, but it is a long way to go for the monthly luncheon meeting. They feel that they have little support or activities to go to while working their regular jobs - where is the value of membership?

Both myself and your next President - Art Nordholm (VP / Tres) are very active in promoting both membership within our organization, but also value within that membership. Just like we have supported new chapters being formed in Canada, we have also been working with some of our international members and members who are working abroad to see what we can do to continue to meet their needs. As I am assisting the Middle East in chapter formation, Art is actively working with Nigeria and China. Both Art and I are fortunate that we work for organizations that understand and support our CSSE activities and allow us to sneak in some CSSE time in on their dollar.

What is your opinion on having CSSE members and chapters in other countries?

No comments: