Friday, February 22, 2008

Meetings between the President and the Executive Director are important.

Monday, February 11, 2007

While in Toronto recently I met with Wayne Glover at the CSSE office to review theyear’s agenda, prepare for the upcoming board meeting and to make sure we are bothinformed about what is going on in the CSSE world… from both of our perspectives. As the President, I have been in regular (Wayne may think it is constant) communication with him in his role as the Executive Director. Together, we continue to look at the vision of the organization and the strategic and operational plans and we work to ensure that these items are moving forward. As the board has moved to the strategic focus format, discussions on how things are going, what direction they are taking and in what direction we need to move the organization is key between these two positions - to ensure the forward momentum that we have. Wayne has also been in regular communication via phone and email to Art Nordholm - the Treasurer / V.P. who will be taking on the role of President this coming fall. Wayne is a key element to ensuring a smooth transition and aconsistent approach to our projects and strategic focus areas.

I believe that it is of utmost importance for the President and the Executive Director to have at least one or two face to face meetings a year, as well as the numerous phone calls and emails, as they work closely together for the benefit of the organization. It allows both to get to know each other’s approach and to plan activities, meetings, and communications appropriately. Wayne has been wonderful in assisting me to fulfill my role as President, calm me when I need calming, motivate me when I need motivating... and I know that he will continue to provide great support to our organization with the next, and the next, and the next.

No comments: