Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Calgary Stampede Parade

July 4, 2008


Howdy Partners!

CSSE Executive Director, Wayne Glover, and I attended and participated in the Calgary Stampede Parade. What a wonderful way to highlight the importance of safety, increase public awareness and celebrate a great event with other safety professionals. Here are a few pictures of us at the parade. Thanks for the invite and I know that Art and Wayne would love to be involved again next year.





Safety is an important consideration for the Calgary Stampede – whether it is horse or cattle, health and safety issues to the human aspect. Warren Connell, the Vice President of Operations and Park Development believes that this is an important aspect of the stampede and the parade. He supported his Safety and Environment Staff by having them ride the float and walking in the parade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Calgary Parade was a great success, good to see the CSSE Reps attended. Thanks to all safety associations and Regulatory Folks for all the hard work to organize this event!

CSSE Member
Stampede Float Committee

rvj said...

What an interestinblog! Great srories & pics...thx!
One of the questions raised is: "How to increase membership?". I became a member when our consultyant invited me to a meeting and cajoled me into joioning. And I'm so glad she did! Toronto chapter monthly meetings and education days are great places and times to learn and to share with others.

I've beem an HR professional for the full 40 years + of my career and favourably compare CSSE Toronto chapeter leaarning with the earlier d HR PAT days where meeting attendance and membership was smaller and the opportunity to meet, talk and learn was greater. So for me, increasing membership comes with some ambivalenence.